I’ve decided to keep this post simple. Made these tahini chocolate chunk cookies from Molly Yeh, adapted from another recipe.
What I liked:
- Big chocolate chunks are definitely better than small chips.
- In theory, I love the idea of tahini in cookies (see here) as I love the mix of savoury and sweet ingredients in baking.
What wasn’t so good:
- I didn’t really taste the tahini! It was lost.
- They were too soft in the middle and fell apart quite easily.
- The ultimate one– they simply took too long to make (you have to freeze the dough overnight). I will happily start many things the day before but I don’t think cookies are one of them.
Ultimate verdict: these cookies were certainly tasty, but, despite the inclusion of tahini, far from my favourite. I won’t be making them again.